The following documents on California Water Issues are now available:
- The EWC submitted a letter in support of state Wild & Scenic River status for a 37-mile stretch of the Mokelumne River to Senator Loni Hancock on April 11, 2014.
- The EWC prepared a list of principles and actions on appropriate drought responses, February 28, 2014.
- The EWC submitted an opposition letter to HR 3964 to the House of Representatives on February 2, 2014.
- The EWC 2014 Action Plan
- The EWC submitted comments to state and federal agencies on the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) on October 7, 2013.
- The EWC submitted comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement on the proposal to raise the height of the Shasta dam to the Bureau of Reclamation on September 30, 2013.
- EWC has developed a presentation on our Responsible Exports Plan and why BDCP is not good for California or Southern California. The presentation was shown at the June 2013 Southern California Water Dialog meeting at the Metropolitan Water District offices.
- The 2013 EWC Strategic and Operating plan will guide the overall directions and work priorities of the EWC. It covers a two year period until the end of 2014.
- The letter from Friends of the River to the federal agencies responsible for BDCP points out that the numerous violations of the BDCP program will have a devastating impact on the Delta, the Sacramento River watershed, and endangered fish species. June 4, 2013.
- The EWC has assembled the various recommendations we have made during the past year for the Delta Plan and packaged them into a single alternative plan that we now refer to as the Responsible Exports Plan, May 2013.
- the EWC's April 5, 2013 letter in opposition to Senate Bill 387 (Wright) regarding phasing out of once through cooling.
- the EWC's March 26, 2013 comments on the San Joaquin River SED, and the attachment to that letter
- the EWC's Febrary 6, 2013 critical comments on the Benefit-Cost Analysis for the Bay Delta Conservation Plan.
- the EWC's January 14, 2013 comments on the Final Delta Plan, Recirulated Draft PEIR and Rulemaking Package.
- the EWC and Environmental Justice Coalition for Water's response to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation's Shasta Lake water Resources Investigation Draft Feasibility Study. January 28, 2013.
- the first comprehensive economic benefit-cost analysis of the water conveyance tunnels at the center of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP). The principal author of this report is Dr. Jeffrey Michael, Director of the Business Forecasting Center (BFC) at the University of the Pacific. June 14, 2012.
- The EWC's letter to Secretary Ken Salazar regarding concerns with the direction of Bay Delta Conservation Plan, June 12, 2012.
- The EWC's letter to the Delta Stewardship Council on the 6th draft of the Delta Plan, June 10, 2012.
- The EWC's Letter to the little Hoover Commission regarding Delta Stewardship Council Reorganization, May 10, 2012.
- The EWC Coalition letter to Dr. Gerald Meral, Deputy Resources Secretary, regarding concerns with the Bay Delta Conservation Plan, April 16, 2012.
- The EWC Coalition letter in opposition to HR 1837, February 26, 2012.
- The EWC Coalition comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Delta Plan, February 2, 2012
- The EWC's Cost Estimate for the Proposed "Delta Fix", December 2011 (145 KB)
- Water Use Efficiency and Jobs by the Los Angeles Economic Roundtable, December 2011
- The EWC's 11/16/2011 letter to Interior Secretary Salazar and California Resources Agency Secretary Laird objecting to the October 2011 Bay Delta Conservation Plan's Memorandum of Agreement with the export water contractors (5.7 MB)
- California Water Solutions Now (3rd edition 2011) Full Report (1,836 KB)
- California Water Solutions Now (2012) Powerpoint presentation (1.4 MB)
- The Coalition of Environmental, Environmental Justice, Tribal and Fishing Organizations' Comments on the Fifth Staff Draft of the Delta Plan, September 2011
- The EWC's Scoping Comments for Delta Stewardship Council, January 2011
- La Politica del Aqua (en Espanol 2010) El Reporte (484 KB)
- Delta Issues (2010) Powerpoint presentation (27,252 KB)
- "Endangered Fishes and the Delta" Statement to the National
Research Council Committee of Sustainable Water and Environmental Management January 2010 (11,309 KB)
By Peter Moyle, professor of fish biology, Department of Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology and associate director of the Center for Watershed Sciences, University of California, Davis.
- "A Retrospective Estimate of the
Economic Impacts of Reduced Water Supplies to the San Joaquin Valley in 2009", September 28, 2010 (418 KB)
By Jeffrey Michael, Richard Howitt, Josue Medellin-Azuara, and Duncan MacEwan.