The following documents on California Water Issues are now available:
- The EWC has assembled the various recommendations we have made during the past year for the Delta Plan and packaged them into a single alternative plan that we now refer to as the Responsible Exports Plan, May 2013.
- the EWC's April 5, 2013 letter in opposition to Senate Bill 387 (Wright) regarding phasing out of once through cooling.
- the EWC's March 26, 2013 comments on the San Joaquin River SED, and the attachment to that letter
- the EWC's Febrary 6, 2013 critical comments on the Benefit-Cost Analysis for the Bay Delta Conservation Plan.
- the EWC's January 14, 2013 comments on the Final Delta Plan, Recirulated Draft PEIR and Rulemaking Package.
- the EWC and Environmental Justice Coalition for Water's response to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation's Shasta Lake water Resources Investigation Draft Feasibility Study. January 28, 2013.
- the first comprehensive economic benefit-cost analysis of the water conveyance tunnels at the center of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP). The principal author of this report is Dr. Jeffrey Michael, Director of the Business Forecasting Center (BFC) at the University of the Pacific. June 14, 2012.
- The EWC's letter to Secretary Ken Salazar regarding concerns with the direction of Bay Delta Conservation Plan, June 12, 2012.
- The EWC's letter to the Delta Stewardship Council on the 6th draft of the Delta Plan, June 10, 2012.
- The EWC's Letter to the little Hoover Commission regarding Delta Stewardship Council Reorganization, May 10, 2012.
- The EWC Coalition letter to Dr. Gerald Meral, Deputy Resources Secretary, regarding concerns with the Bay Delta Conservation Plan, April 16, 2012.
- The EWC Coalition letter in opposition to HR 1837, February 26, 2012.
- The EWC Coalition comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Delta Plan, February 2, 2012
- The EWC's Cost Estimate for the Proposed "Delta Fix", December 2011 (145 KB)
- Water Use Efficiency and Jobs by the Los Angeles Economic Roundtable, December 2011
- The EWC's 11/16/2011 letter to Interior Secretary Salazar and California Resources Agency Secretary Laird objecting to the October 2011 Bay Delta Conservation Plan's Memorandum of Agreement with the export water contractors (5.7 MB)
- California Water Solutions Now (3rd edition 2011) Full Report (1,836 KB)
- California Water Solutions Now (2012) Powerpoint presentation (1.4 MB)
- The Coalition of Environmental, Environmental Justice, Tribal and Fishing Organizations' Comments on the Fifth Staff Draft of the Delta Plan, September 2011
- The EWC's Scoping Comments for Delta Stewardship Council, January 2011
- La Politica del Aqua (en Espanol 2010) El Reporte (484 KB)
- Delta Issues (2010) Powerpoint presentation (27,252 KB)
- "Endangered Fishes and the Delta" Statement to the National
Research Council Committee of Sustainable Water and Environmental Management January 2010 (11,309 KB)
By Peter Moyle, professor of fish biology, Department of Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology and associate director of the Center for Watershed Sciences, University of California, Davis.
- "A Retrospective Estimate of the
Economic Impacts of Reduced Water Supplies to the San Joaquin Valley in 2009", September 28, 2010 (418 KB)
By Jeffrey Michael, Richard Howitt, Josue Medellin-Azuara, and Duncan MacEwan.
Jeffrey Michael is Director of the Business Forecasting Center, Eberhardt School of Business, University of the Pacific. Richard Howitt is Chair of the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California-Davis. Josue Medellin-Azuara is a Research Scientist in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Center for Watershed Sciences at UC Davis. Duncan MacEwan is a PhD student at UC Davis.