- EWC stated its opposition to H.R. 5781, the so-called "Federal Drought Bill" in a
letter to Senators Feinstein and Boxer (12/5/2014).
- EWC expressed opposition to S. 2198S, Senator Feinstein's
and Representative McCarthy's so-called "Federal Drought Bill" which would directly amend or
undermine key statutory protections for fish and wildlife and groundwater protection,
without addressing the underlying cause of water shortages (11/18/2014).
- The Environmental Protection Agency's 8/26/2014 comment
letter on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the Bay Delta Conservation Plan. The EPA found that
the plan could violate the federal Clean Water Act and increase harm to endangered fish species.
- The EWC's comment letter (6/11/2014) and
supplemental comments (7/28/2014) critique the 40,000-page
Bay Delta Conservation Plan and EIR/EIS. The EWC tells
BDCP that the Plan is not a legal document and that the plan cannot go forward (6/11/2014).
- EWC expressed opposition to Senator Boxer's and Feinstein's S. 2198 which would exacerbate impacts on
the environment and the salmon industry without addressing the underlying cause of water shortages (5/16/2014).
- The EWC submitted a letter in support of state Wild & Scenic River status for
a 37-mile stretch of the Mokelumne River to Senator Loni Hancock on April 11, 2014.
- The EWC prepared a list of principles and actions on
appropriate drought responses, February 28, 2014.
- The EWC submitted an opposition letter to HR 3964 to the
House of Representatives on February 2, 2014.
- The EWC 2014 Action Plan
- The EWC submitted a letter in opposition to the draft Bay Delta Conservation Plan, 10/7/2013.
- The EWC submitted comments on the Draft Environmental Impact
Statement on the proposal to raise the height of the Shasta dam to the Bureau of Reclamation on
September 30, 2013.
- EWC has developed a presentation on our Responsible Exports
Plan and why BDCP is not good for California or Southern California. The presentation was shown at the June 2013
Southern California Water Dialog meeting at the Metropolitan Water District offices.
- The 2013 EWC Strategic and Operating plan will guide the overall
directions and work priorities of the EWC. It covers a two year period until the end of 2014.
- The EWC has assembled the various recommendations we have made during the past year for the Delta Plan and packaged them
into a single alternative plan that we now refer to as the
Responsible Exports Plan, May 2013.
- the EWC's March 26, 2013 comments on the San Joaquin River SED,
and the attachment to that letter
- the EWC's Febrary 6, 2013 critical comments on the
Benefit-Cost Analysis for the Bay Delta Conservation Plan.
- the EWC's January 14, 2013 comments on the Final Delta Plan, Recirulated Draft PEIR and Rulemaking Package.
- the EWC and Environmental Justice Coalition for Water's response to the U.S.
Bureau of Reclamation's Shasta Lake water Resources Investigation Draft Feasibility Study. January 28, 2013.
- the first comprehensive economic benefit-cost analysis of the water
conveyance tunnels at the center of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP). The principal author of this report is Dr. Jeffrey Michael, Director of the
Business Forecasting Center (BFC) at the University of the Pacific. June 14, 2012.
- California Water Solutions Now (3rd edition 2011) Full Report
- California Water Solutions Now (2012) Powerpoint presentation